Modelling Transport 4th Edition
Already the market leader in the field, Modelling Transport has become still more indispensible following a thorough and detailed update. Enhancements include two entirely new chapters on modelling for private sector projects and on activity-based modelling; a new section on dynamic assignment and micro-simulation; and sizeable updates to sections on disaggregate modelling and stated preference design and analysis. It also tackles topical issues such as valuation of externalities and the role of GPS in travel time surveys.
Providing unrivalled depth and breadth of coverage, each topic is approached as a modelling exercise with discussion of the roles of theory, data, model specification, estimation, validation and application. The authors present the state of the art and its practical application in a pedagogic manner, easily understandable to both students and practitioners.
- Follows on from the highly successful third edition universally acknowledged as the leading text on transport modelling techniques and applications
- Includes two new chapters on modelling for private sector projects and activity based modeling, and numerous updates to existing chapters
- Incorporates treatment of recent issues and concerns like risk analysis and the dynamic interaction between land use and transport
- Provides comprehensive and rigorous information and guidance, enabling readers to make practical use of every available technique
- Relates the topics to new external factors and technologies such as global warming, valuation of externalities and global positioning systems (GPS).
ISBN 13: 978-0470760390